Independence, Inc. provides community services in order to increase the capacity of the community to support the full inclusion of people with disabilities.
Independence, Inc. works to implement policy changes on a local, state, and national level to make facilities, services, and opportunities available and accessible to individuals with disabilities.
Accessibility surveys and consultations are available for businesses, organizations, or individuals in need of accessibility compliance information.
Independence, Inc. provides a wide range of community education topics to raise awareness about the issues facing people with disabilities. A few or our Community Education options are listed below:
- Disability Awareness Training
- Independent Living History and Philosophy
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Community Accessibility
- Disaster Preparedness for People with Disabilities
- Service Animals/Therapy Animals