Youth Ambassadors of Disability Awareness (YADA)
What is YADA?
- YADA is a youth-led group in the Minot area that works to increase disability rights and awareness in the community.
Who can join YADA?
- Youth ages 14-22 with and without disabilities
- Youth who can actively participate
- Older mentors in the Minot area
What are the goals of YADA?
- Increase disability awareness within the youth and in the greater community
- Empower youth and increase self-advocacy skills
- Increase leadership and teamwork skills
What activities does YADA do?
- Youth design and plan projects, activities, and goals to pursue in the community
- Examples: booth at the State Fair, asking businesses about employment, volunteering locally
- Peer-to-Peer Activities
- Youth are empowered to increase disability awareness among themselves and in the greater community
- Youth work together to complete the activities they want to do
- Systems Advocacy Involvement
- Opportunities to participate and actively advocate for individuals with disabilities in the community
- Introduction to Local Service Providers
- Youth can meet and collaborate with other service providers in the area
For more information about YADA:
- Contact Michael
- Phone: 701-839-4724
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out YADA on Facebook